there's smoke in my iris but i printed a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids... so i'm ready now...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I LUV GRAFFITI YAYYY

^^ lol ^^

Graffiti (street art) is a great thing. No i am not talking about the black scribbles you can barely make out to be letters that you see on the side of abandoned walls and random electrical boxes... I am talking about the graffiti that consists of colorful pictures and lettering to create human expression and art. From murals on scaling entire sides of walls to little drawings or words that evoke thought or humor, this stuff is great.

I recently stumbled upon a documentary on street art via netflix called "Exit through the Gift Shop" - (i don't feel like summarizing the movie so if you want a summary there's a sweet new website that will give you all the info you need in a jiffy: google. Anyways this documentary made me kind of obsessed with the street artist Banksy. His art is not only cool looking, it is clever, though- provoking, and fun. He has left messages around the world ranging from subversive to silly... An the art itself is not the only thing that is marvelous, but the location he puts it in ingenious.  Banksy is for sure my new favorite Street artist and I look forward to finding some of his stuff on the streets...

Some of Banksy's stuff:

BANKSY


WHAT?


Banksy beachboys

Bansky Rat

No comments:

Post a Comment